From the RuneScape Wiki, the wiki for all things RuneScape
- This dungeon is also known as the Yanille Dungeon.
The Yanille Agility Dungeon is the dungeon under the town of Yanille. Part of the dungeon can be entered by players with any Agility level, while other parts have minimum agility requirements.
The experience rewards for using this dungeon are not as good as most other agility courses, so players rarely come here to train agility. Instead, players use it to training combat skills using the monsters there and gather their drops. Players training Herblore also use the dungeon, since many monsters here sometimes drop high-level herbs. Torstol, a fairly rare herb, can be obtained here.
Players must go to the Yanille area to reach the dungeon. Other than walking, there are a few ways to get there:
Entrances to the Yanille Agility Dungeon
The dungeon has two entrances:
- The northern entrances is a small house north of the Yanille city walls. It is very close to the shortcut under the wall by the farming patch. A spider web blocks the entrance to the house. Players must bring a Knife or slashing weapon to cut through the web before they can enter the house.
- The southern entrance is a house in south-east Yanille, west of the smithy with the anvils. Players can access this house and its basement, but the door connecting the basement to the rest of the dungeon is locked. To pick the lock and open the door, players must have a Lockpick in inventory and must have a Thieving level of at least 82.
The dungeon has an upper level and a lower level. The upper level contains most of the monsters and items of interest to the players.
Upper level, Yanille Agility Dungeon
- 1) Stairs to the northern entrance house on the surface.
- 2) Chamber with a Knife spawn and level 27 Giant bats.
- 3) Balancing ledge. Level 40 agility is required to cross the ledge, with 22.5 agility experience points earned for a successful crossing. Players who failing this obstacle fall into the lower level and are attacked by level 64 Poison spiders.
- 4) Cavern with Level 37 Chaos Druid Warriors. They drop many herbs and, rarely, a 1-dose Super defence potion.
- 5) Pipe connecting the main dungeon to a side room. Level 49 agility is required to squeeze through the pipe, with 7 agility experience points earned for a successful crossing. Players who fail this obstacle still squeeze through but take damage from getting stuck in the pipe for a while.
- 6) Chest room guarded by Level 45 Skeletons, which are aggressive to players under level 91.
- 7) The Sinister chest. This chest can be opened with the Sinister key, which is occasionally dropped by Salarin the Twisted deeper in the dungeon. The chest can release poison gas when opened, so having an Anti-poison potion is recommended. The chest always yields 9 grimy herbs: 2 Harralander, 3 Ranarr weed, 1 Irit leaf, 1 Avantoe, 1 Kwuarm, and 1 Torstol.
- 8) A chaos Altar. The altar is trapped, as players praying at it when they need to recharge Prayer points fall through a hidden trapdoor into the lower level and are attacked by level 64 Poison spiders. The drop also inflicts damage, up to 15hp.
- 9) Monkey bars. Level 57 agility is required to swing across the bars, with 20 agility experience points earned for a successful crossing. Players who fail this obstacle fall into the lower level and are attacked by level 64 Poison spiders.
- 10) Door to the basement of the southern entrance house. A lockpick and level 82 thieving are required to open this door to enter the main dungeon. The door is not locked when going in the other direction, so exiting the main dungeon through this door is always possible.
- 11) Stairs to the southern entrance house on the surface.
- 12) Area with level 27 Giant bats.
- 13) Chamber with level 13 Chaos druids. They drop many herbs.
- 14) Stairs down to the lower level.
- 15) Opening down to the lower level. There are no agility requirements to use this opening, even though level 67 agility is needed to climb here from the lower level.
- 16) Chamber with Sigbert the adventurer. Sigbert warns you about Salarin if you talk to him.
- 17) Chamber with level 13 Chaos druids and Salarin the Twisted, level 70. Salarin can only be harmed by elemental spells that use Mind runes. These spells have a higher-than-normal maximum hit against him. Salarin attacks using melee, not magic. He sometimes drops the sinister key that unlocks the sinister chest elsewhere in the dungeon. Multiple keys can be obtained in one trip through repeated slayings of Salarin. While waiting for Salarin to respawn, many players kill the chaos druids here, for their drops or just for training. When Salarin respawns, he can interrupt a player's fight with a chaos druid, even though the dungeon is not multi-combat.
Lower level, Yanille Agility Dungeon
The western cavern of the lower level is packed with level 64 Poison spiders. They are always aggressive and seek to attack and poison any player that falls into this cavern . Players cannot voluntarily access this cavern and can only reach it from the upper level by praying at the altar (when needing prayer points) or by failing the balancing ledge or monkey bars obstacles.
The eastern cavern is mainly used just to reach the chamber of Salarin from the main dungeon, both on the upper level.
- 1) Stairs up to the knife-spawn chamber on the upper level. These are not visible on the upper level and cannot be used from that level to enter the lower level.
- 2) Chests. The sinister chest is not here.
- 3) Level 64 Poison spiders.
- 4) Players failing the balance ledge will drop into this area.
- 5) Players praying at the altar will drop into this area.
- 6) Players failing the monkey bars will drop into this area.
- 7) Stairs to the main dungeon on the upper level.
- 8) Cavern with a lockpick spawn.
- 9) A pile of rubble. Level 67 agility is required to climb up the rubble, with 6 agility experience points earned for a successful crossing. Players who fail this obstacle slip and take damage.