From The Vault
Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project
This article is within the scope of the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project. This project is dedicated to improving the quality of articles about Fallout 3 NPCs. If you want to participate, please check the project page.
Vera Weatherly is a 27-year old woman found in Rivet City in the year 2277.
Vera runs the Weatherly Hotel with Mister Buckingham, her Mr. Handy robot, on the upper decks.
Seagrave Holmes is often found trying to woo Vera. "I know I'm not a sophisticated man, but I'm still a man." To which she politely declines and explains how they're better as friends
Interactions with the player character
She offers a hotel room at the normal rate of of 120 Bottle caps, and acts as a gossip hound for the city, dishing out information on various residents. With a speech check you can get some gossip from her along with experience points for using Speech. Vera also sells items, mainly food but also carries 5+ Stimpack's most of the time as well as a limited amount of Bottle caps.
At the end of Those!, she can be asked to act as a surrogate parent for Bryan Wilks after his parents and the residents of Grayditch are killed by Fire ants. Bryan Wilks will ask you to find a suitable home for him while he waits in his old home. Upon returning to Vera Weatherly and informing her of Bryan Wilks' situation she gladly takes him into her home.
Need to get by next week
13 Mutfruit, check for mold
9 Iguanas on a stick
* Only if Mister Buckingham is also dead.
- It is possible that she can fall into the Potomac river, she will not die and you will still be able to talk with her. (Confirmed Xbox 360)
- If you rent a room at The Weatherly Hotel you can return to the room and use it repeatedly. The door stays open and unlocked for some unknown reason. (Not a glitch? You buy the key off Vera in the same way Sister has a room, or Flak & Shrapnel have a room. You are, after buying the room, effectively a resident of Rivet City)
- For an unknown reason, Vera may enter Dr. Madison Li's Room. She will be locked in there and unable to get out/serve you unless you unlock it for her. The same glitch sometimes happens to Bannon and thus could possibly happen to any resident of Rivet City.
- When you talk to Bryan about finding him a place to stay he mentions Vera Weatherly as his cousin; however, when you talk to Vera Weatherly to inform her of her "cousin" your characters dialog will say " Vera, your NEPHEW Bryan lost his folks and needs a place to live." Vera Weatherly will not correct the lone wanderer. (Confirmed Xbox 360/PC/Ps3) However, in the European Version (except the UK translation), Bryan calls Vera his Aunt, so this Bug might have been fixed during translations.
- Vera may appear to have a shaved head and beard sometimes. The reason for this is unknown.
- If she sits on the chair outside the door to her hotel and you talk to her, when she stands up she will stand up into the wall and teleport into her room, unlocking the door.
Behind the scenes
- Bethesda Softworks, the makers of Fallout 3 and Oblivion, use the name Weatherly in both games. In Oblivion, the twin brothers Jemane were driven from their home Weatherleah by ogres, and it is the player's mission to reunite them and secure their home once more. The quest Those! is mirrored by the Jemane questline, since they are both about destroyed homes and long-lost relatives.
Vera Weatherly appears exclusively in Fallout 3.
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide