The Star Trek Expanded Universe Database is for fanon and related content. See Memory-Alpha.org for the canon Star Trek wiki.
|This article has a
USS Baldwin is a series of Star Trek short stories written by Richie Kennedy.
About the series
The series revolves around the titular ship, the USS Baldwin, which was discovered adrift near the Cardassian Demilitarized Zone by Patrick Ingrum, who subsequently assumes command of the ship during the Dominion War and its aftermath. The stories mainly involve the interactions between her captain and crew members, along with overtones of intelligence gathering, cartography, and technology.
- Captain Patrick Ingrum: In the prelude to the Dominion War, the then-XO of the USS Hastings was returning from packing his family's belongings from the abandoned colony of Aloran IV when he stumbled upon a cloaked vessel in orbit. The vessel decloaked, revealing itself to be the Baldwin. Admiral William Ross subsequently made Baldwin Patrick's ship.
- Lieutenant Commander Jaimie Petrelli: First seen as the Baldwin's tactical officer, Patrick eventually brings her up to the first officer spot.
- Lieutenant Commander Bridget Ingrum: Formerly known as "Number Seven," A product of an Cardassian genetic engineering project to create human agents. She served aboard Baldwin crew during the war as part of the engineering team. Afterward, Bridget and Patrick began a relationship that would eventually lead to their marriage and the birth of their daughter.
- Lieutenant Donna Belding: Donna's mother was Patrick's first CO, and when Jaimie was ready to move up to first officer, Patrick brought Donna under his wing by placing her at tactical.
- Lieutenant Laura Bennett: Laura was recommended to Patrick as a skilled pilot. She has a high degree of clairvoyance, and has developed telekinetic skills.
- Lieutenant Sara Jackson: A freshly-minted lawyer and a trusted friend and legal adviser to Patrick. She was shot by a Section 31 agent, and was revived by Patrick utilizing Vorta cloning technology.
- Lieutenant Sarah Allison: Was a under-utilized 'gopher' at Starbase 375 when Patrick picked her up to run Baldwin's "war room"
- Lieutenant Stephanie Taylor: Has served various roles aboard Baldwin, including gamma-shift helm officer, the captain's "coordinator," and leader of Baldwin's dance troupe.
- Lieutenant Neil Bratney: Baldwin's Chief Medical Officer
- Tiana Allison Ingrum: Infant daughter of Patrick and Bridget Ingrum.
From other ships
- Captain Bernie Tyler: He was with his girlfriend, Roslyn, when their runabout was brought down by the Jem'Hadar on Aloran IV. They were picked up by Patrick shortly before stumbling upon Baldwin. He would subsequently serve as Ottawa's XO before being offered the Winchester.
- Lieutenant Commander Roslyn Tyler: Formerly known as "Number Six." Sister to Bridget and sister-in-law to Patrick. She was with Patrick when they discovered Baldwin. After spending time away from Bernie, they realized how much she loved him, and eventually married him.
- Lieutenant Commander Sonya Fiehrer: Longtime friend of Patrick and Jenna. She was with Patrick when they discovered Baldwin in orbit. Formerly a fighter pilot aboard the USS Hastings, and Operations officer aboard the USS Ottawa, Bernie chose her as his XO.
Season 1 (stardate 51xxx)
- Correlates to DS9 Season 6.
Season 2 (stardate 52xxx)
- Correlates to DS9 Season 7.
Season 3 (stardate 53xxx)
- Correlates to Voyager Season 6.
Season 4 (stardate 54xxx)
- Correlates to Voyager Season 7.
Season 5 (stardate 55xxx)
The stories were first written in 1997. As of January 2010, 33 "episodes" have been written.
The stories have been re-written several times, most recently in May 2009, when the story "Day in the Office" was merged into "Bullseye," and "Reaction to Action" was split into two parts