From Halopedia, the Halo Wiki
The UNSC Commonwealth was a United Nations Space Command Frigate. In 2525, it's commanding officer was Captain Wallace.
That year, 2525, the Commonwealth ferried the SPARTAN-II's to the Damascus Testing Facility on the planet Chi Ceti IV. There, during the Battle of Chi Ceti, the Commonwealth successfully engaged the Covenant Light Cruiser Unrelenting and, with the assistance of the Spartan-II's boarding party, and their new MJOLNIR Mark IV Armor, was able to destroy it. The Commonwealth, however, was severely damaged in their first engagement against the Covenant Navy.
The ship took heavy damage during the Battle of Chi Ceti. The damage was:
- The communications and navigation dishes destroyed.
- Armor in sections 3-7 down to four centimeters.
- Hull breach in section three.
- Ship AI memory core overloaded.
- Leak in the port fuel tank.
- Fire in sections one through twenty. (Atmosphere vented, fire extinguished.)
- Port armor destroyed.
- Decks two through seven in section one melted away. Decks two through five in sections three, four and five out of contact.
- Deck thirteen destroyed.
- Hull structure came close to "buckling" (integrity about to fail) and the MAC system was taken offline.
- Reactor only able to output ten percent of rated output.
Despite the extensive damage to the Frigate, she was able to make it back to Reach without being destroyed. It is assumed that the ship was repaired and then returned to service against the Covenant's advances among the Outer Colonies and was then most likely destroyed, either during the Battle Of Reach or some other skirmish against the Covenant.
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia
- ↑ The Fall of Reach, page 103
- ↑ The Fall of Reach, page 102
- ↑ The Fall of Reach, page 105
- ↑ The Fall of Reach, page 130
- ↑ The Fall of Reach, pages 110-111