From Halopedia, the Halo Wiki
Squad Battle is a ranked 6v6 playlist designed to fill some of the void left by excising ranked Big Team Battle. Squad Battle gametypes are focused on Slayer, Assault and Capture the Flag, and this playlist currently requires the Heroic Map Pack. It was added to the ranked playlists on September 23rd, when the TU2 update was released.
Since there will not be more than 12 players in a game, a few new medium-sized maps have been added into the playlist. Where else the normal large-sized Big Team maps still remain. Here are the maps that can be found when playing in the playlist:
- Big Team Slayer (64.4% chance of being selected) - Score points by killing players on the opposing team. First team to 100 points wins. Players spawn with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. 15 minute match time limit.
- Multi-Flag CTF (14.7%) - Players attempt to capture the opposing team's flag. First team to three captures wins. Players spawn with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. 20 minute match time limit.
- One Flag CTF (14.7%) - Round-based Capture the Flag, where one team attempts to capture a flag while the other team defends it. Most captures after four rounds wins. Players spawn with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. Four minute match time limit.
- Neutral Bomb Assault (6.3%) - Teams vie over a single bomb, scoring points by detonating the bomb in the opposing team's base. First team to three detonations wins. Players spawn with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. 20 minute match time limit.
- Squad Battle is seen by some as the spiritual successor to a retired DLC playlist, DLC Objective, which is also mostly a 6 vs 6 game, but all are objectives.
- ↑ http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15519