From EQ2i, the EverQuest II wiki
EverQuest II Zone Information
What does this information mean?
Solusek's Eye is probably the largest dungeon in the game, and one of the most visually impressive (particularly at the bottom). Because it is so large, it tends to cause performance problems on older computers that have less memory. However, it can be a very rewarding zone for those who can handle it.
Getting to Solusek's Eye the first time can be more difficult than hunting within the zone itself as it requires you to run through all of Lavastorm.
To the Eye for the first time, go to the Sol Ro Temple at -336.92, 1.41, -466.98, then through a secret wall (mouse over panel to highlight) at -243.93, -43.58, -675.37 and follow the tunnel in to the clearing. Take the tunnel at -33.69, -0.30, -350.46 and head to the south side of the great crater to the dragonbone stair/ramp/tunnel at -102.95, 18.37, 43.28. Run through there and follow the ledge northward. Don't forget to step on the gear at -326.33, 84.60, -187.20. This will teleport you back to the docks, but from now on you will be able to use the corresponding spot at the dock to teleport back to Solusek Eye at your leisure. Note that you can use teleportation methods (Call of the Hero, etc.) to reach the gear and avoid the trip.
There is a similar pair of gears inside the zone itself, with one at the Gnome camp near the entrance linking one-way to a second gear in the room with the Speaker of Fates. These too require you to travel to the second gear before you can teleport to it, however unlike the set in Lavastorm the pair in Solusek's Eye can only be used to travel deeper into the zone and will not teleport you back to the top.
- Solusek Mining Company (1st and 2nd floors) - level 46-47
- This is the home of gnome miners and cinderfoot goblins. There are also areas infested with rock golems and quetzals. A good place for smaller groups at level 45 or so.
- Bug and Bat Country (3rd and 4th floors) - level 47-48
- This large cavern network has huge populations of golems and plated fiends, and smaller populations of efreetis and spiders and crawlers. Mob density is somewhat higher, and groups must be more capable.
- Fire Giant Halls (5th floor) - level 49-50
- Giants are large and have huge aggro ranges, but they are well spaced out and have few roamers. Therefore this is a great place for smaller groups and duos of higher level.
- Attune yourself to the portal on the left side of the first giant room. This portal will allow you to skip floors 1-4 on future visits.
- The Caldera (6th-8th floors) - level 49-51
- This is a vast cavern of bridges and platforms suspended over a sea of liquid hot magma. Fire giants populate the walkways and platforms. The network of walkways and elevators can be confusing to the newcomer. Numerous named giants can spawn in this area, plus a few raid encounters.
- Bastion of Flames (5th Floor) - level 50-52
- This instance contains a ring events with named bosses. Get access by completing the quest The Efreeti Bastion. This access quest is no longer required to zone in. Loc (-147.33,-368.90,-287.72).
- Oratorium of Thyr - level 50-52
- This instance acts as a barrier between Solusek's Eye and Nagafen's Lair. The event inside is designed to make a group mandatory. After defeating it once, you can skip this instance on future trips to Nagafen's Lair.
Ognit Eznertob quest series:
- Drednever Expedition: Unto the Breach
- Host of Thyr. Act I: Restoration
- Host of Thyr. Act II: Corruption
- Host of Thyr: Act III: Reckoning
- To Speak as a Dragon
- Fire and Ice
Solusek Mining Company:
Bug and Bat Country:
Fire Giant Halls:
- Lieutenant Gordak (level 50) - first junction platform
- Commander Kulcath (level 51) - last walkway before dropoff
- Lord Crana (level 50) - glassworker room
- Lord Nagalik (level 57 raid) - down righthand walkway from first junction