From The Vault
Fallout 3 locations project
This article is within the scope of the Fallout 3 locations project. This project is dedicated to cleaning up Fallout 3 location articles. If you want to participate, please check the project page.
Saint Monica's Church is the church in Rivet City run by Father Clifford and his acolyte Diego.
- Pre-war Money: In the donation box (Locked). The donation box is on the table behind the podium.
- Father Clifford informs the player that Saint Monica is the patron saint of lost children, and this is a major focus of Clifford's theology. Historically, Saint Monica was Saint Augustine of Hippo's mother and the patron saint of difficult children (among other things), but in Fallout Saint Monica was a woman born to ghoul parents.
- If you are caught attempting to break into the donation box Father Clifford and Diego will become hostile towards you. Diego, despite being an acolyte, will attempt to attack you in retaliation.
- Given that the church obviously believes in sainthood means that it is probably a descendant of either the Roman Catholic church or the Anglican church. Also, if you tell Father Clifford that Diego has been sleeping with Angela, and listen to their conversation, Clifford will tell Diego that he is going to Purgatory, which has traditionally been a teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Saint Monica's Church appears only in Fallout 3.