From Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki
The name or term Safeguard refers to more than one character or idea. For a list of other meanings, see Safeguard (disambiguation).
- Safeguard is a Autobot from Transformers Animated continuity family.
Safeguard is a combiner formed by Jetfire and Jetstorm. He is bigger than Optimus Prime and apparently as strong or stronger.
Transformers Animated comic
Safeguard took down a simulation of Starscream.
Transformers Animated cartoon
|This section covers fiction that is ongoing. It will be added to as the story progresses. If it isn't current, you can help by updating it.
- Voice actor: Tom Kenny/Phil LaMarr
Let's play the glare at Sentinel game!
The twins merged into Safeguard to fight Optimus Prime and Ratchet before the misunderstanding was revealed.
Later Safeguard helped take down Ramjet.
- Jetfire and Jetstorm (Voyager, 2008)
- The idea of two twin robots that can use fire and ice to attack and can also combine symmetrically into a larger form isn't new to Takara. In The King of Braves GaoGaiGar, the last of the Brave series, Hyoryu and Enryu fit this description too. Later in the series, other robots with symmetrical combinations are introduced, making a total of three sets of twin robots (four brothers and two sisters) that usually combine into Chôryujin (fire and ice), GekiRyuJin (thunder and wind), and TenRyuJin (light and darkness). Even later, in fact, two of the pairs cross-combine, and one of the products is GouRyuJin, a fire/wind robot with more power than either of the original combinations. Hmm... This marks the second time an element from Gaogaigar is used in a Transformers series. Also, Ultra Raker from Brave Exkaiser used this combination style first.
- Why the rather more obvious name "Firestorm" for this combiner was never used in favor of the seemingly less suited (and certainly less cool) "Safeguard" is an enduring mystery.
- Perceptor's dialogue in the Rise of Safeguard origin comic at least implies that Safeguard is the true form of the twins, saying that the two are split from a single protoform.
- Safeguard is the result of an experiment from Starscream's specs. The wings on his back form the shape of an X, sounds like a certain other experiment based on Starscream.
I cannot remain in this unacceptable operational status!
This character article is a stub and is missing information. You can help Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki by expanding it.