A record player was found in the Swan, along with a large LP vinyl music collection in bookshelves. A record player was also shown in Juliet's apartment ("Not in Portland"). A phonograph was used by Oldham outside his hippie tent. ("He's Our You")
Swan's record player
The wood paneled prop version of The Swan
's record player, from 2x02 "Adrift
", possibly a Dual 1229 (Google Images)
The silver prop version of The Swan's record player, from Ep. 2x19 "S.O.S.
- A record player was discovered in the Swan, along with a library of LP records and other 70's paraphernalia, such as a lava lamp and computer hardware of that era.
- At least two record players in the Swan have been depicted, one with a silver colored front facade, and the other with a taller wooden one (see continuity errors).
- The silver unit is a Technics Quartz D.D. Automatic Turntable SL-Q3.
- The wood paneled unit may be a Dual 1229 (Google Images)
- The cartridge used in these props appears to be a Shure M 44-7 or older identical model. It is unknown if these turntable units actually are fully functional.
Music played on the Swan record player:
Charlie and Hurley came across a Geronimo Jackson record, leading to a conversation about how they had never heard of them. They never played the record. ("The Hunting Party")
Juliet's record player
- A record player was turned off by Juliet in her apartment with her sister Rachel. It had been left running with the needle tracking the end-groove. ("Not in Portland")
Oldham is playing I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby by Billie Holiday on his phonograph in front of his teepee. ("He's Our You")