From The Vault
Fallout 3 locations project
This article is within the scope of the Fallout 3 locations project. This project is dedicated to cleaning up Fallout 3 location articles. If you want to participate, please check the project page.
The Presidential Sub Level is an underground area in the Fallout 3 add-on Broken Steel. It connects the Utility area below the White House with the Presidential Metro which has exits to The Capitol Building's East Wing and Adams Air Force Base.
- The sub level is locked before the quest 'Who Dares Wins'.
- If you continue past the door that leads to M.A.R.Go.T. you will find an Intact Garden Gnome holding a Camera and two Teddy Bears tied to the rails in front of the Gnome. It appears as though the bears are being held hostage with a miniature sign saying "Help Us!"
- There is a skeleton hanging from the ceiling in one of the tunnels. It seems to be the remains of a maintenance man who was killed after touching the electrified third rail.
- Placed throughout the Sub Level are little bronze busts of the former Presidents of the United States; however the only bust intact is that of President Jefferson, showing an obvious correlation to the Jefferson Memorial, home of Project Purity.
- The log entry AK197833 in the terminal in the small maintenance room quotes the song "Detox" from the heavy metal band Strapping Young Lad, in particular the lines : "I wish that I could sleep, and just get this over with, this is only high school bullsh*t", and "I'm lost, I'm freaking, and everybody knows, everyone's watching". the complete lyrics for the song can be read here http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/strappingyounglad/city.html#4 . The name given for the engineer on this terminal is D.T, a reference to Devin Townsend, vocalist of Strapping.
The Presidential Sub Level appears only in the Fallout 3 add-on Broken Steel.