From City of Heroes Wiki
- This article is about the zone. For the organization, see Menders of Ouroboros.
Hero/Villain City Zone (25-50)
||Atlas Park, Founders' Falls, Independence Port, Peregrine Island, Talos Island
Cap au Diable, Sharkhead Isle, Nerva Archipelago, St. Martial, Grandville
|Ouroboros at VidiotMaps.com
The headquarters of the mysterious Menders of Ouroboros. Heroes and villains can both visit this zone, but they appear in different instances, with differences in contacts and missions. There are missions and Task Forces here, as well as the Flashback system.
An Ouroboros is the symbol of the dragon eating its own tail, which has existed for centuries throughout Norse, Greek, African, Hindu, and many other systems of mythology. It is also a central image throughout the novel "The Worm Ouroboros" by E.R. Eddison.
The following exploration badges can be found in Ouroboros:
Welcome to Ouroboros. You have a feeling as if there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
- Mender Roebuck sells inspirations.
- The only way to get to Ouroboros is the Ouroboros Portal temporary power.
- Heroes can leave through the exit portal to Atlas Park, Founders' Falls, Independence Port, Peregrine Island, or Talos Island.
- The portal can also be used to enter some outdoor instance missions such as "Board Train". Using the portal to exit Ouroboros a player will get the normal selection of zones to travel to and one that places them inside that mission.
- These do not need to be time travel missions and every player on a team can use this option not just the owner of the mission.
- You can sometimes see the moon around the sky. However, apart from that, everything looks to be a part of the Shadow Shard. It would also be physically impossible for the Moon to continue to orbit the Earth if the Earth was shattered. What exactly this means about Ouroboros is unknown at this time.
- Theory: Since the Ouroboros zone has features of both the shadow shard and Primal Earth, it is possible the "Coming Storm" is a successful Rularuu invasion. Perhaps part of Rularuu's escape from the shadow shard involves "bleeding" the two worlds together. Though this doesn't necessarily explain the Shivans, which are supposedly heralds of the invasion. This could mean that the Shivian meteor(s) are from the Shadow Shard, but a point that PortalCorp hasn't gotten to yet (thus is not yet known).
- Theory: If the above theory is true, then it is possible that Earth's bodies of water (oceans, rivers, lakes, etc.) covered up the land and rose to the point where the whole planet was a water one, with the Rularuu invasion having the effect of creating the asteroids around Ouroboros. Thus the moon would still have a gravitational pull, and the Shadow Shard would still have an effect.