On the plane...
On the island...
S1 - S2 - S3 - MP - S4 - S5 - S6
Omer Jarrah is Sayid's older brother. He appears in Sayid's flashback in "He's Our You".
Someday in his childhood, his father approached him and requested that he kills a chicken by his own, as a way to prove his maturity. Omer hesitated and held the cleaver for a while unwilling to proceed. Sayid then approached him and wrung the chicken's neck in front of him. Their father initially thought Omer killed it and appreciated him, but when he knew it wasn't him, he critically remarked that at least one of them is going to be a man and proudly congratulated Sayid. ("He's Our You")
- In Arabic, the name "Omer", originally written "عمر", sometimes transliterated as "Omar", "Umar" and "Umer" means "living" and "firstborn".
- In Islam, Omer Ibn Al-Khattab is the second Muslim Caliph and one of the most prominent figures in early history of Islam. He's one of prophet Muhammad's fathers-in-law and a lifetime supporter and companion of him. The name's popularity in the Arab World is derived from his fame amongst Muslims.
- This character was officially credited as Iraqi boy in the ABC Medianet press release for "He's Our You".
- In the casting call he was described as "Older boy, 12, must speak Arabic. Sensitive and kind-hearted, he's scared of his domineering father and knows he's a sad disappointment." 
- In the scene Omer's name was spoken three times by his father, although that wasn't shown in the subtitles. 
- ↑ http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/11/episode-510-casting-call.html
- ↑ http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Omer_Jarrah