From DC Database
Professional criminal, former actor
Batman TAS Episode: Feat of Clay, Part I
Justice League Episode: Secret Society, Part II
Matt Hagen was a versatile actor, whose face was terribly damaged in an accident. He continued acting, masking the wound with an experimental cosmetic cream called renuyu. The manufacturer of Renuyu, Roland Daggett, blackmailed him into working for him. The first step was to frame his business rival Bruce Wayne: disguised as Wayne, he attempted to murder Lucius Fox. The scheme failed.
Daggett was not finished with him, though. His henchmen Germs and Raymond Bell were ordered to kill him, and forced a large container of renuyu down his throat. But rather than killing Hagen, it transformed him into a giant clay monster.
Powers and Abilities
- Metamorphosis: Clayface could shape his appearance into other forms, including smaller subjects. He could also divide himself in multiple creations.
- Acting: Accomplishing his shape changing abilities, Hagen was also a trained actor, which aided his disguises.
- Mentally Unstable: as a side effect of the Renuyu.
- Structural Instability: Several times over, Clayface could barely manage to keep his physical body together.
- Batman TAS Episode: Feat of Clay, Part I
- Batman TAS Episode: Feat of Clay, Part II
- Batman TAS Episode: Mudslide
- New Batman Adventures Episode: Growing Pains
Links and References