From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.
- "The tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in seven locations...."
A reactor core (or just reactor) was a central power generating facility found in starships, space stations and planet-bound power plants of virtually any size.
During the Battle of Naboo, Anakin Skywalker accidentally blew up the reactor core of the Droid control ship, and started a chain reaction. The destruction also disabled the Trade Federation's Battle droid army.
Reactors could function on vastly different principles, ranging from chemical reactions to nuclear fission and fusion to hypermatter annihilation.
The first and second Death Star utilized hypermatter reactor cores, which in both cases were exploited by the Alliance to Restore the Republic to destroy the gargantuan battlestations. The Main Reactor was not a weak point in the Death Star I. It was only a section that was not well protected by the Imperial navy because they assumed no threat could come close to doing damage. The weakness on the Death Star(s) were that small craft were able to avoid the heavy turbolasers. Thus they could fly down the polar trench and destroy the huge battle station.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 38: Faithful Execution (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars 3: Death Star
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars 26: Doom Mission
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
The Second Death Star's reactor, moments before being blown apart.