From The Vault
Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project
This article is within the scope of the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project. This project is dedicated to improving the quality of articles about Fallout 3 NPCs. If you want to participate, please check the project page.
Lydia Montenegro is a resident of Tenpenny Tower in 2277.
Interactions with the player character
Lydia runs the store Boutique Le Chic in Tenpenny Tower. She sells junk and Housing Improvements for your Suite.
She is one of several bigoted residents that you try to convince to change her views if you are attempting to help move Roy Phillips' ghouls into Tenpenny Tower.
She also sells the schematics for the Dart Gun, and sells one of the Pre-war Books. She will leave the tower if you loot her safe, claiming it's not safe despite all the guards. If she leaves, you will lose the ability to buy house upgrades. If this happens, the only other option is to let the ghouls invade the tower. After the invasion, Michael Masters will take over the shop, and a different shop will sell the house upgrades.
- If you kill her and loot her corpse for her inventory key once the ghouls move in or invade the inventory box will be relocked by the new owner Michael Masters so make sure to loot everything before finishing the Tenpenny Tower quest. The store's inventory box will NOT contain any "house" items (Themes, Jukebox, etc).
- In addition to Michael Masters taking over her store in the above example, you can also purchase a second set of Schematics-Dart Gun from him even if you already bought them from Lydia. This would make 4 sets available in the game although you can only get up to level 3. The 4th set can be sold to any merchant.
- If you loot her safe but haven't talked with her (which triggers her leaving) you can get her to stay in Tenpenny Tower by killing Roy and his gang.
- If you kill either Lydia or Ling after they leave the tower (Megaton, for instance), the tower's guards will somehow know and will shoot you on sight, even if you do it silently
- If you shoot her in the head with a gun that wont kill her in one shot while she is leaning over the counter at her store she will fall backwards, get up and run outside the store yelling for help!
- An easy way to kill her if you want access to her supplies is to wait until her store is clear of people, close the door and pickpocket grenade onto her. This doesn't seem to upset the other residents(PS3)
If she decides to leave Tenpenny Tower, she supposedly heads out to Megaton and can be found outside the main gate causing tremendous graphics lag for some reason (confirmed in both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions). Scaring her away or doing her in, however, instantly removes her effect on performance. Same goes for Anthony Ling.
You may experience a glitch that makes Lydia appear inside the walls to Megaton if you have set off the nuke previously. If that happens, the only way to get her key for the store is to let Roy and his gang move in "by force". After you let Roy and the ghouls into the tower, Lydia will appear back in her store where the ghouls will kill her. Then you'll be able to get her key and loot her stash, but only before Tenpenny Tower is "fixed up" by Roy.
If you take all house themes from her store, your suite will have all Theme items. Example, furniture piling over top of each other or spawning as one fused object. This may cause major lagging.
Lydia Montenegro only appears in Fallout 3.