From Final Fantasy Wiki
Light Armor, or Clothes, are a recurring type of Body Armor in the series. They have mediocre defense bonuses, but often come with some bonuses, which can go from agility and speed bonuses to elemental defense, and are often used by melee and magical jobs that can't wield Heavy Armor, like the Thief, the Ninja, and the Monk. As examples of recurring Clothes on the series we have the Kenpogi, the Power Vest, and the Ninja Gear.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy Armor#Body Armor
Light Armor appears divided into Armlets and Vests, and can be equipped by most characters in the game, save White Mages and Black Mages.
List of Light Armor:
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy II Armor#Body Armor
In this game, cuirasses can be equipped by every party member. Also, the Black Garb and Power Vest make a special appearance as the strongest of this type.
List of Light Armor:
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy III Armor#Body Armor
Clothes can be worn by light-melee jobs, such as the Monk, Ranger, Thief, Geomancer, Black Belt, and Ninja, though the Black Belt, the Monk, and the Ninja have exclusive access to some of these. Class-exclusive armor also falls in this category.
List of Light Armor
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy IV Armor#Clothes
Clothes can be equipped by any character, except for Dark Knight Cecil and Kain.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy V Armor#Clothing
Clothings can be worn by the Knights, Monks, Thieves, Dragoons, Ninjas, Samurai, Berserkers, Hunters, Mystic Knights, Blue Mages, Red Mages, Mediators, Chemists, Dancers, Cannoneers, Gladiators, and Mimes Jobs.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy VI Armor#Shirts and Vests
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy VI Armor#Female Clothing
There are two types of light armor in this game: Shirts and Vests that can be equipped by most characters in the game, while Female Clothing can only be equipped by Terra, Celes, and Relm.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy IX Armor#Clothings
Clothings can be worn by Zidane, Dagger, Vivi, Quina, Amarant, Freya, and Eiko, though some are exclusive to female characters and others are exclusive to Zidane and Amarant.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy XI Armor
A subclass of "Body" armor. It generally includes everything that isn't heavy, like an Adaman Breastplate. Ninja, Monks, Samurai, and sometimes Puppetmasters can use more Far Eastern light armor such as Kenpogi and Power Gi.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy XII Armor#Light Armor
Light Armor can be used by every character, as long as they have acquired the necessary Licenses.
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Vaan, Filo, Balthier, and Fran can equip light armor.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy Tactics Armor#Clothes
Clothings appear in Final Fantasy Tactics and can be equipped by almost every jobs, excluding those that equip heavy armor.
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Armor#Clothing
Clothings appear again, and can still be equipped by almost every jobs, with very small exceptions.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
- Main article: List of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift Armor#Light Armor
Light Armor can be equipped by all jobs with exception of Paladins, Dragoons, Defenders, and Templars.