From The Vault
Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project
This article is within the scope of the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project. This project is dedicated to improving the quality of articles about Fallout 3 NPCs. If you want to participate, please check the project page.
Commander Lana Danvers is a 30-year old Rivet City security guard and Harkness's second in command in 2277.
She is the daughter of the founding Rivet City Council member Brad Danvers.
She can often be found on the 2nd or 3rd level of the Bridge Tower or else in the Rivet City Marketplace before and after it is closed.
Interactions with the player character
You will need to speak with her to complete the Council Seat quest involving Bannon and Seagrave Holmes. If you kill her you may not be able to complete the unmarked quest, and consequently lose the option of gaining the schematic for the Deathclaw Gauntlet.
- She is the first in line to become the security chief and take the seat in the Rivet City Council if Harkness can no longer fill these roles. She will then refer to herself as "Chief Danvers" in conversation, although she has been known to call Harkness the current seat in the council even after he has left.
Lana Danvers only appears in Fallout 3.
- If during The Replicated Man quest you sided with Harkness, asked if you could kill Dr. Zimmer yourself, then told Dr. Zimmer about Harkness to get both rewards (then killed Dr. Zimmer) Lana Danvers believes she is the Chief of security, although Harkness still is too. (Confirmed)
- The bug stated above has also been encountered when the player ended The Replicated Man by lying to Dr. Zimmer after talking to Harkness, Lana was found in the marketplace at night and talked as if she was head of security now. Note this only occurs if you have not yet spoken to Commander Danvers before beginning this quest.
- if you are in the room where the armory is located, the security guards will start chasing you and say you are trespassing. about that time, Danvers runs up to the armory door (which is intially locked) opens the door, and starts attacking you (Confirmed) .
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide