From Marvel Database
Henry "Hank" Philip McCoy
402 lbs (183 kg) minus any missing flesh
Putrified/Decaying flesh; Covered with fur, unusually large hands and feet (shoe size: 20), pointed ears, claws, fang-like teeth
Beast was born a Mutant
whose powers developed during puberty.
Little was detailed about Beast’s life before the zombie plague arrived on Earth-2149, however it can be presumed that it followed much the same path as Beast (Earth-616).
Attacking Castle von Doom
Presumably, Beast was at the Xavier Institute when it was attacked, and arrived at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier with the other X-Men and Magneto.
With the extremely varied bunch assembled on the Helicarrier, Nick explained how serious he believed the situation to be; that it was the end of the world. He also explained that whatever the histories of those assembled, they were all on the same side. It is not clear whether it was felt that his intellectual skills would be of more use aboard the Helicarrier than his martial skills would be on the surface, or vice-versa. Either way, at some point he was infected, and he and Reed Richards headed to the Xavier Institute, and reprogramed Cerebro to search for uninfected humans.
Finding a sizeable stash of meat in Latveria and the surrounding area, they and a huge horde of their zombified peers headed off to lay siege to Castle Doomstadt. A few of them managed to get through the magical force-field protecting the castle, and confronted Dr Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Ashley J. Williams. Scarlet Witch was bitten by the zombified Punisher, and the other two made their getaways.
Presumably, Beast got held up by the risen Deadite Legion, and at some point returned to New York.
Eventually, his head was blown off by a Power Cosmic imbued Colonel America.
Powers and Abilities
Genetic Atavism: It is possible that Beast's mutation is a result of genetic atavism (or genetic traits that resurface in a species after many years of dormancy). He also possesses neotenous (or traits in a descendant that resemble those of an ancestor organism, like a chimpanzee trait in a human) characteristics, which would explain why he has a big modern brain with an ape-like physique.
- Superhuman Strength: He possesses superhuman strength sufficient to lift about 10 tons.
- Superhuman Agility: He has the agility of a great ape and the acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialist and acrobat.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Beast's highly advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of an ordinary human. As a result, he can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to affect him.
Genius-level Intellect: Henry McCoy possesses a genius-level intellect and is an accomplished scientist and scholar. Master Combatant: The hyperactive, bouncing Beast is an excellent hand-to-hand fighter.
- Appearances of Henry McCoy (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: Henry McCoy (Earth-2149)
- Images that feature Henry McCoy (Earth-2149)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Henry McCoy (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by Henry McCoy (Earth-2149)
- X-Men The Last Stand
- Marvel Directory
- UncannyXmen.Net's Spotlight on Beast
- Wolverine's Revenge
- "The religion of Beast (Hank McCoy)"
- X-Men: Reign of Apocalypse Hero Handbook
- Marvel Encyclopedia, Vol 1, 2002. David Bogart, ISBN 0-785-10984-6
- Science of the X-Men, 1st edition paperback, 2004. Linc Yaco, Karen Haber, ISBN 0-743-48725-7
- The Xavier Files, 1st edition paperback, 1994. Justine H. Korman, ISBN 0-679-86177-7
- X-Men: The Ultimate Guide, 2nd edition hardback, 2003. Peter Sanderson, ISBN 0-789-49258-X
- The Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game, 1st edition hardback, 2003. Marvel Entertainment, ISBN 0-7851-1028-3
Discover and Discuss
/Creator]] [[Category: Greg Land