Numeric Projection Evaluation
September 16th, 2008
This article lists details concerning a test issued by DharmaWantsYou.com on September 16.
This test is entitled: Numeric Projection Evaluation.
The test has recruits use mathematics to solve number sequence problems; that is, given a series of numbers, answer which one comes next in the sequence.
Most of the questions require simple use of mathematics, while others require application of functions. The following are examples of question types:
- Simple addition or multiplication such as 5, 6, 7, 8 (i.e., n+1) or 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 (i.e., n*2)
- Complex addition or multiplication such as, 1, 2, 5, 8 (i.e., n+1, n+2, n+3) or 1, 2, 6, 24 (i.e., n*2, n*3, n*4)
- Fibonacci sequence such as, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 (i.e., 8+5=13, 13+8=21, 21+13=34)
- Conway sequence, also known as a Look and say sequence, such as 32, 1312, 11131112, 31133112 (e.g., 32 = "one three, one two" = 1312)
- Refer to the cheat section below for more on this process.
Like the other tests, this one contains a cheat on the Conway Sequence question, usually number 7, which allows the player to obtain 100% by performing the following actions:
- Let's assume you are given the following sequence: 32, 1312, 11131112.
- The answer to this sequence is 31133112.
- For the cheat to work, you must click on the elements of the sequence rather than typing in the answer.
- Scroll your mouse over the sequence of numbers and notice that the three elements of the sequence can be clicked.
- Disregarding what numbers reside in each element of the sequence, you will use their cardinality (i.e., first, second, third) to input the answer.
- In our example, note that 32 is the first element, 1312 is the second element, and 11131112 is the third element in the sequence.
- For this cheat, you will use the numerical value of their cardinality to represent the digits of the answer (i.e., first = 1, second = 2, third = 3)
- To answer our example, you would click on 11131112, 32, 32, 11131112, 11131112, 32, 32, 1312 to input 3, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2.
Correctly using the cheat allows you to skip the remaining questions and gives you a score of 100%, regardless of what you scored prior. This allows you to skip through the test to the question with the cheat without penalty, as the cheat's 100% score will replace the points that would have otherwise been lost.