The Full Wiki

Control: Misc

  
  

Dr Who

Up to date as of January 31, 2010

From TARDIS Index File, the free Doctor Who reference.

You may be looking for the computer on Platform One, see: Control (Computer)
Control
Also known as:
Race:
Home Planet:
Home Era: Distant past?-19th century
Appearances: DW: Ghost Light
Actor: Sharon Duce

Control was a long-lived being who was a member of Light's survey of ancient Earth.

Profile

When Light became dormant after the survey's conclusion, Control was locked away in the ship (by the mission's surveyor, Josiah Samuel Smith who had seized power during this time), which now resided in the cellar of Gabriel Chase in Perivale. Due to her isolation, she became confused and childish over the years, wanting to attain her freedom and aspiring to become a proper lady. When freed, she began to evolve, and would set off to travel the universe together with Redvers Fenn-Cooper and Nimrod, her job as Control replaced by Josiah. (DW: Ghost Light)

Behind the Scenes

The name "Control" is actually a fairly highbrow pun. Where Smith served as the variable, test, she served literally as the control. Eventually, Control evolves much more rapidly than Smith himself had done.

Aliens and Enemies of Season 26
Battlefield: Morgaine  • Mordred  • The Destroyer
Ghost Light: Josiah Samuel Smith  • Light  • Control  • Nimrod  • Husks
The Curse of Fenric: Fenric  • Haemovores  • Commander Millington  • Ancient One Survival: Cheetah People  • Kitlings  • The Master

This article uses material from the "Control" article on the Dr Who wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.

Final Fantasy

Up to date as of February 01, 2010

From Final Fantasy Wiki

Control in effect in Final Fantasy V

Control, also known as Manip., is an ability that appears in various games in the Final Fantasy series. It allows a character to take control of an opponent via the Control status in most instances. In many games, this ability is required to learn certain Blue Magic.

Contents

Appearances

Final Fantasy V

Control is the Level 2 ability in the Beastmaster class that inflicts the Control status. This is required to learn the Blue Magic spells White Wind, Mighty Guard, and Transfusion.

Final Fantasy VI

Relm Arrowny can use Control if she equips the Fake Moustache. It allows for Strago to learn some Lores at an easier rate by having Relm inflict Control to specific enemies, such as Dark Force, and have them cast their Lore on Strago. The chance for Relm to successfully Control a monster is as follows.

If (Controller's level * 256) / Target's level > [0..255] then successfully control the enemy, otherwise miss.

If the Beret is equipped, the formula is modified as follows.

If (Controller's level * 256) / (Target's level * 170 / 256) > [0..255] then successfully control the enemy, otherwise miss.

If the target has either Clear, Zombie, Sleep, Confusion, Rage, Morph, or Hide status, then Control will automatically fail.

Final Fantasy VII

The Manip. command can be used with the Manipulate Materia, found on Cait Sith when he joins. If successful, it inflicts the Manipulate status, which is required to learn the Enemy Skills Big Guard, White Wind, Death Force, Angel Whisper, and Dragon Force.

The success rate for most vulnerable enemies uses two steps. The first step is adding 50 to the user's level, and taking the target's level from the total.

math

So a user at level 50, against an enemy at level 35 would result in 65.

If multiple enemies are being targeted through Mega All, there is an additional step. There is less chance per enemy, as the Hit% is multiplied by four, then divided by 5, and is then truncated to reach a whole number.

math

Using the first example, 65 multiplied by four is 260, divided by five is 53, a whole number.

The second step adds the random element into the math. It randoms a number between zero and 99, and if that number is smaller than the Hit%, the target is manipulated.

math

If a Hit% adds up to 100 or more, it is certain to hit. In the example used further up, if the result is any number from zero to 64, it will hit. If it is any number from 65 to 99 it will hit. This means that there is a 65% chance it will succeed, and a 35% chance it will not. If the command is trying to target multiple enemies, the example of 53 would have a 53% chance of hitting and a 47% change of missing.

If the target isn't immune to Manipulate, doesn't have it already inflicted, and doesn't have any of the statuses that Manipulate cannot be inflicted over, there are two other ways of guaranteeing a success. If the target is weak to the element or status used, it will be inflicted, and if the Hypnocrown is equipped, it will be inflicted.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

The Control command, which can inflict the Control status which can give Control over many species of monsters, can be exercised by a Beastmaster.

This section of the article is a stub about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

The Beastmaster class returns in Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, however the mechanics for controlling a monster have changed, simply causing the monster to use one of its attacks during the Beastmaster's turn rather than flat out controlling its turns. Although this means control can never fail, the ability to move the monster is lost.

Gallery


This article uses material from the "Control" article on the Final Fantasy wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.

Starwars

Up to date as of February 04, 2010

From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.

Control was the name of the second-in-command of the Cavrilhu pirate gang, under Captain Zothip.

Biography

Control secretly hated Zothip and felt as if he was the one doing all the work without getting the perks, so he manipulated his leader into confronting Moff Disra in 19 ABY. Control and several other pirates, including Crans, Grinner, and Portin, were with Zothip shortly before the meeting with Disra in Disra's quarters on the Imperial Capital of Bastion. They did not realize that they were being followed by a Mystryl Shadow Guard known as Karoly D'ulin. During the meeting with Disra, Karoly killed Zothip. Following Zothip's death, Control became the head of the Cavrilhu Pirates.

This article is a stub about a character. You can help Wookieepedia by expanding it.

Appearances


This article uses material from the "Control" article on the Starwars wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.

Yugioh

Up to date as of February 05, 2010

From Yu-Gi-Oh!

Control is the term used to describe who can use what card on the field. Most of the time, cards remain under the control of their owners, but a few cards can bend this situation.

Change of Heart, Enemy Controller, Creature Swap, Mind Control, Dark Necrofear. Brain Control, Snatch Steal and Brain Jacker are all capable of taking control of your opponent's monster.

When a monster switches Control to you, place it on your side of the field. It is returned to the original owner's Graveyard when destroyed or tributed.

Facts about ControlRDF feed

This article uses material from the "Control" article on the Yugioh wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.

City of Heroes

Up to date as of January 31, 2010

From City of Heroes Wiki

This article is about control as it pertains to gameplay mechanics. For control as it pertains to supergroup bases, see Base Control Items and Control Room.

Introduction

Contents

A Control power set is one which can manipulate an enemy, often called mez or Status Effect. For heroes, these sets are found in the Controller archetype, and for villains are found in the Dominator archetype. Some of the powers found in these sets have the ability to Immobilize, Stun, Sleep, Hold, Confuse, Fear, Slow, Knockback, or Slow.

Controller Sets

**Note: Only the Control powers and effects will be listed. The set may have other powers and the powers may have other effects not listed. For more information, look at the corresponding pages for each power set.**

All of the Controller primary power sets are control sets. These include:

Image:EarthGrasp_StonePrison.pngEarth Control

Stone Prison: Single Target Immobilize

Fossilize: Single Target Hold

Stone Cages: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Quicksand: Targeted Location AoE, -Fly, -Jump, -Speed

Salt Crystals: PBAoE Foe Sleep

Stalagmites: Targeted AoE, Foe Disorient

Earthquake: Targeted Location AoE, Foe Knockdown

Volcanic Gases: Targeted Location AoE, Pulsing Foe Hold

Image:FireTrap_RingOfFire.pngFire Control

Ring of Fire: Single Target Immobilize

Char: Single Target Hold

Fire Cages: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Flashfire: Targeted AoE Disorient

Cinders: PBAoE Hold

Bonfire: Targeted Location Knockback

Image:GravityControl_Crush.pngGravity Control

Crush: Single Target Immobilize

Gravity Distortion: Single Target Hold

Crushing Field: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Gravity Distortion Field: Targeted AoE Hold

Image:IceFormation_Chillblains.pngIce Control

Chilblain: Single Target Immobilize

Block of Ice: Single Target Hold

Frostbite: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Shiver: Cone Slow

Ice Slick: Targeted Location Area of Effect, Knockdown

Flash Freeze: Targeted Area of Effect, Foe Sleep

Glacier: PBAoE Hold

Image:Illusions_Blind.pngIllusion Control

Blind: Single Target Hold

Deceive: Single Target Confuse

Flash: PBAoE Hold

Image:MentalControl_Hypnotize.pngMind Control

Mesmerize: Single Target Sleep

Levitate: Single Target Knockup

Dominate: Single Target Hold

Confuse: Single Target Confuse

Mass Hypnosis: Targeted AoE Sleep

Telekinesis: Targeted AoE Hold, Repel

Total Domination: Targeted AoE Hold

Terrify: Cone Fear

Mass Confusion: Targeted AoE Confuse

Image:PlantControl Entangle.pngPlant Control

Entangle: Single Target Immobilize

Strangler: Single Target Hold

Roots: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Spore Burst: Targeted AoE Sleep

Seeds of Confusion: Cone Confuse

Vines: Targeted AoE Hold

Dominator Sets

**Note: Only the Control powers and effects will be listed. The set may have other powers and the powers may have other effects not listed. For more information, look at the corresponding pages for each power set.**

All of the Dominator primary power sets are control sets. These include:

Image:EarthGrasp_StonePrison.pngEarth Control

Stone Prison: Single Target Immobilize

Fossilize: Single Target Hold

Stone Cages: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Quicksand: Targeted Location AoE, -Fly, -Jump, -Speed

Salt Crystals: PBAoE Foe Sleep

Stalagmites: Targeted AoE, Foe Disorient

Earthquake: Targeted Location AoE, Foe Knockdown

Volcanic Gases: Targeted Location AoE, Pulsing Foe Hold

Image:FireTrap_RingOfFire.pngFire Control

Ring of Fire: Single Target Immobilize

Char: Single Target Hold

Fire Cages: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Flashfire: Targeted AoE Disorient

Cinders: PBAoE Hold

Bonfire: Targeted Location Knockback

Image:GravityControl_Crush.pngGravity Control

Crush: Single Target Immobilize

Gravity Distortion: Single Target Hold

Crushing Field: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Gravity Distortion Field: Targeted AoE Hold

Image:IceFormation_Chillblains.pngIce Control

Chilblain: Single Target Immobilize

Block of Ice: Single Target Hold

Frostbite: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Shiver: Cone Slow

Ice Slick: Targeted Location Area of Effect, Knockdown

Flash Freeze: Targeted Area of Effect, Foe Sleep

Glacier: PBAoE Hold

Image:MentalControl_Hypnotize.pngMind Control

Mesmerize: Single Target Sleep

Levitate: Single Target Knockup

Dominate: Single Target Hold

Confuse: Single Target Confuse

Mass Hypnosis: Targeted AoE Sleep

Telekinesis: Targeted AoE Hold, Repel

Total Domination: Targeted AoE Hold

Terrify: Cone Fear

Mass Confusion: Targeted AoE Confuse

Image:PlantControl Entangle.pngPlant Control

Entangle: Single Target Immobilize

Strangler: Single Target Hold

Roots: Targeted AoE Immobilize

Spore Burst: Targeted AoE Sleep

Seeds of Confusion: Cone Confuse

Vines: Targeted AoE Hold


This article uses material from the "Control" article on the City of Heroes wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.







Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message