From DC Database
No formal education
Appearance of Death
- Aquababy's growing up -- and like any kid, he loves rough stuff! You don't want him to be a sissy -- do you?
- -- Aquaman
Arthur Curry Jr.
was born the son of the Atlantean King Aquaman
, and his wife Mera
. Although he primarily remained within the Aquacave and Atlantis, he also participated in adventures with his ocean dwelling parents. Aquaman's nemesis Black Manta
murdered Aquababy by suffocation. He was buried at Mercy Reef
. The death of the child ultimately resulted in the separation of Aquaman and his wife.
Powers and Abilities
Like his mother, Arthur developed the ability to condense water molecules in order to construct geometic shapes. He could use these "hard-water" constructs for a variety of effects such as using them as projectile weapons.
Aquababy's strength level was superhuman by normal human standards, but well below average by Atlantean standards due to his age.
Asphyxiation: Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited period of time or else they will dehydrate, asphyxiate and die. It was this racial weakness that ultimately resulted in Aquababy's untimely death.
- Aquababy is sometimes erroneously identified as Arthur Curry III, but in most instances, he is presented as Arthur Curry, Jr. Arthur Curry's Sr.'s adoptive father is named Tom Curry in most accounts.
- Aquababy made an appearance on the two-part Justice League episode, "The Enemy Below". In Part II, Orm, the evil brother to Aquaman, tied Aquababy to a rock and left him to die, thereby securing his position as heir to the throne of Atlantis. To save his son, Aquaman was forced to sever his own left hand to free himself from captivity. Aquababy was never referenced by name in the episode.
Links and References
- Aquababy profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Aquababy index at Comicbookdb.com