The Full Wiki

More info on AP loss resistance

AP loss resistance: Misc

Advertisements
  

Dofus Wiki

Up to date as of January 31, 2010
(Redirected to AP and MP loss article)

From Dofus

Contents

General

Certain spells can cause a loss of AP or MP during a fight. AP and MP Loss Resistance is the percentage chance that a player or enemy will avoid this loss. Every 4 points of wisdom increase a player's resistance to AP and MP loss by 1%.

As of 1.25, The system for AP and MP loss has been completely revised.

When a character or monster attempts to drain AP or MP from a target, a dodge roll is performed for each AP or MP in the effect. For example, for Slow Down level 6, three dodge rolls would be performed, one for each AP, in sequence.

The formula used is the following:

   * P = Da / Dt * Pr / 2

With:

   * P:  Probability to make someone lose a AP/MP
   * Da: basic dodge of the attacker
   * Dt: total dodge of the target
   * Pr: percentage of AP/MP that the target still has

The values are limited, so that they are between minimum 10% of chance and maximum 90% of chance. If both parties have an equivalent of wisdom, the attacker has a 50% chance to remove the first AP/MP. (Da / Dt would be 1, and Pr is 1, then 1 * 1 / 2 is 50%) Dodge bonus and penalties are handled for the dodge attempts only (and not for the drain attempts).

As a rule of thumb, if your base Resistance is lower than your opponent's, you will have a lesser chance of removing AP/MP. But if your base Resistance is greater than your opponent's, you will have a greater chance to steal AP.

Spells such as Mummification will increase your chances of avoiding AP loss (and spells such as Wind Armor MP loss) but they will not increase your chances of taking AP or MP. For the caster, only Resistance based on Wisdom count towards AP and MP drain.

Only effects on the form AP/MP lost: x can be resisted. -x AP/MP always succeeds.

Certain loss

Advertisements

Certain AP loss

Certain MP loss

Resistable loss

Resistable AP loss

Resistable MP loss


This article uses material from the "AP and MP loss" article on the Dofus Wiki wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.

Advertisements






Got something to say? Make a comment.
Your name
Your email address
Message