The case of vials of A4993-E3
A4993-E3 is a code appearing on a medical drug shown in "Not in Portland". The readable parts of the label are:
MULTIPLE DOSE VIAL
FOR INJECTION ONLY
In addition, the first dose used in the episode has "Week 6 Batch 7" hand-written on a white taped section of the label.
Juliet was stealing this drug from ex-husband Edmund Burke's laboratory, where she was working. She was injecting her sister Rachel with it to cure Rachel's infertility; Rachel later tells Juliet that the drug worked because Rachel is pregnant.
- Rx is an abbreviation for the Latin word "recipe", which = "take" (imperative), used in the pharmaceutical industry for medications and drugs. In this context "Rx only" is taken to mean "prescription only".
- Do not answer the questions here.
- Keep the questions open-ended and neutral: do not suggest an answer.
- For fan theories about these unanswered questions, see: A4993-E3/Theories
- What does the drugs letter and number code represent?
- What exactly did the drug do?