The Star Trek Expanded Universe Database is for fanon and related content. See Memory-Alpha.org for the canon Star Trek wiki.
The 21st century is defined in the calendar of Earth as being from 2000 until 2099.
- The notation BCE ("Before Common Era") and CE ("Common Era") are alternative neutral notations for BC ("Before Christ") and AD ("anno Domini"), respectively.
- Zefram Cochrane builds warp drive on Earth and makes the first warp flight in Earth history in his experimental ship, the Phoenix. After his flight, first contact occurs between humans and Vulcans.
- The title of Klingon Emperor is dissolved.
- The species known as the humpback whale becomes extinct at some point during this century on Earth.
- Meanwhile, Earth's ozone layer deteriorates and the surface of the planet is flooded with ultraviolet radiation.
- A new age of medicine is heralded on Earth after Pyong Ko discovers the genetic sequence for inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.