15 is the third of the Numbers. Below is a list of appearances on the show, by episode chronology.
15 is a fairly common number, and many of the occurrences could be coincidental. See article: apophenia.
Occurrences in the show
- When Jack meets Desmond in the stadium, 15 can be seen in the seat number in the lowest row of seats (lower-right corner, wide-screen version) when Jack starts to run upstairs just before he trips.
th Annual Girls of Fiji Pictorial'
- The numbers on Pierre Changs alarm clock was 8:15 ("Because You Left")
- Juliet tells Daniel that the Swan is a 15 minute walk from the camp.("Because You Left")
- As Sun goes down the escalator at the airport, the woman on the intercom mentions flight 23 to Paris at Gate 15. ("Because You Left")
- Jack's cell phone number is 323-555-0156. ("The Lie")
- The swinging pendulum in Ms. Hawking's lab passes the camera 4 times, then another 4 times (making 8). If we continue counting from there, we get a total of 16 passes (and consequently, 15 before it). ("The Lie")
- The number of chocolates in the box, Sun received at her hotel as Kate left. ("The Little Prince")
- Danielle Rousseau said her team left Tahiti on November 15th. ("This Place Is Death")
- Gate 15 was where Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, and Ben flew out of on Ajira Airlines.
- LaFleur ordered all personnel to the fire, which was building 15. ("He's Our You")
- Miles has 15 piercings in his ears and face in a flashback. ("Some Like It Hoth")
The Lost Experience
Outside the show and real life occurrences
- In the Damon Lindelof-written comic book Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, the Hulk is said to have killed 815 people in a New York rampage.
- The number of basic human emotions [according to ] UC Berkley cognitive scientist [Richard S. Lazarus]. Lazarus studied emotional states specifically related to [stress, adaptation and coping strategies].
- In Richard Adams' (author of Watership Down) book The Plague Dogs, Snitter was labeled with the number 815 in the Animal Research (Experiments on animals).